Back of the net

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Cornwall Rocks

These rocks were arranged by a dear friend on this beach

on the sunny day when I saw this wildlife (and a fox!)


Cornwall is my refuge by the sea. Aside from the obvious - lack of traffic, human and other; open spaces; sea and sunshine - there is something else that calls me there which is just as beautiful. It is the call of home, of friends who won't bother to judge you on appearance, finances, intellect or coolness, of making things for the sake of it, of exploring places I have seen a hundred times and still finding something new and amazing. I am rejeuvinated by it.

That said I couldn't stay there for the winter without something enormous to occupy the cold dull days. It is a summer place. So I've decided to go back for a bit. Well, for July. Do visit.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That field is AMAZING. What flowers are those?! What does it smell like?

6/19/2006 3:42 am

 
Blogger Tricia said...

To my shame I have no idea, although I imagine its some crop that's grown for the seeds.

Being in that field was not too bad on the hayfever but extremely scary on the insect front - I was surrounded by bees and wasps

6/19/2006 8:49 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was by the sea yesterday, and it cleared my head of hayfever completely. It was like some miracle cure. Is Cornwall a miracle cure?

I want to visit.

xx

6/19/2006 12:35 pm

 
Blogger ian said...

Great swans. Other swans winter on the canal near me, but I reckon they will fly to the coast soon. Lots of people like ducks, but I've turned against them on account of their creepy sexual politics. Swans seem much nicer. I saw some courting once, it was so beautiful.

6/20/2006 10:37 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home