Back of the net

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Ham

In two weeks I will be moving in to a house in East London with two of my favourite people; Daniel T. Odyssey and Jonathan Moriarty (once Roberts and Dear). In honour of this joyous union I am lazily scrapping together a comic strip into which we occasionally churn the hilarity of our days. The style is somewhere between the Tweenies and South Park.

L-R Dalek, Me Jon and Dan, and Saz who is the outgoing inhabitant of the room that I shall think of as 'Waz's Room' even when I've been in it a year. I have incredibly stylish shoes to fill as her replacement chez Clem and hope she has a ball in her new gaff.

Some people have asked why on earth I would want to live in East London, let alone East Ham. I'll admit it hardly has the happy buzz of the great outdoors but for me it is uniquely fun. The man shouting 'Wigglies' outside East Ham market, milky tea and eggs at hungover cafe, raiding the pound shop, Primark's £4 bin; these are a few of my favourite things.

Not to mention my darling friends and their extensive video, DVD and computer game collections.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trashley said...

Absolutely precious. I really like the Dalek (though I hear it's deflated).

2/20/2006 4:33 pm

 
Blogger Trampilot said...

The dalek is waiting for you to felate it.

2/21/2006 8:44 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home