Back of the net

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Frank

Due to a family death I shall now be returning earlier than planned. The man who died is my mum's boyfriend, Frank. He was a lovely man who brought a lot of happiness into her life and will be sadly missed by us all. He died suddenly in a motorbike accident and did not suffer.

I am very grateful to have known Frank and for the wonderful time he and my mother shared. He was one of the most enthusiastic and helpful people I have ever met and they complemented each other perfectly. Among other things I shall miss hearing him enthuse about his adventures, bantering with him about his/my dodgy taste in music (depending on which side you were on), scabbing lifts with him (as much for the experience of riding the motorbike as for getting to my destination) and watching him amuse my mother with his quirks and jokes.

I land in London on Tuesday and will be back in Cornwall that night. Anyone fancies visiting me there I'll be down for the rest of January and quite a bit of February and would love to see you. I'll try visiting London whenever I can.

3 Comments:

Blogger shaz said...

I'm really sorry to hear about that. Hugs to you and your family.

xxxx

1/09/2006 5:35 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hiya squashy. hope you land alright. and regards to your mom. hope to hear from you soon.

- sue foo -

1/12/2006 7:46 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Trish ... hope you had a trouble-free trip back to your old home ... we (that's the royal we) miss you back at your other home in NZ. Email soon. Lots of love Hez ;-)

1/13/2006 5:48 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home