Back of the net

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Nearly over

Here's the blog that disappeared from last week:


It has struck me this week that I have only 5 and a half weeks left on this course. Some more statistics - I have been here 9 and a half months, return to England in 2 and a half months and turn 27 in 6 months. Holy crap.

This week has been brilliant. It's been exhausting as I've had to work really hard (ME? WORK HARD? but I'm on holiday!) and challenging as I've had to come up with things quite quickly, but it has reinforced my appreciation of graphic design. I've been applying myself in a way that I would and will in a job and it's actually fun. I pray that I can get work which will be as stimulating as my coursework - this week I've been doing a logo and some groovy illustrator/photoshop graphics for a travel company and putting them onto a brochure, bus and travel card.

I'm a bit scared of finishing the course. It has been my life for so long and it has moved so quickly I've barely noticed where I am, and now I leave the safety of our classroom and the wise advice of my tutor into a real world where printing costs money and mistakes cost capillaries. Will I get a job? Will I one day get to leave that job and bugger of to South America? Will I like London? Will I want to come back here? Will I remember everything I've learned? The best way to approach this is to assume that the answer to all of these is a resounding YES and plough plough plough.

Here's a list of graphic design mistakes in this post - No use of N dash (can't find it on laptop), no checking for orphans and widows, use of figures instead of worded numbers, gratuitous use of capitals.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks proper champion I tell thee.

11/14/2005 9:17 am

 
Blogger shaz said...

It does, I love that. I love how simplified the landmarks are.

I can't believe you're nearly comng back. You've only just left!

11/14/2005 9:46 pm

 
Blogger Trampilot said...

My eyesight works in the same way.

11/27/2005 10:27 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home