Back of the net

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Queen Street, Auckland

is where I am spending most of my time, working away. Very very very busy.

Earlier this week I was gobsmacked by the playing field in Victoria Park. Don't look at grass for too long if you're considering the enormity of the universe. It had recently been cut and its scent was heavenly and warm. There were so many gorgeous juicy blades repeating over and over beneath my flip-flopped feet. The summery dusk light made it feel like those heartstopping moments of peace you get when you're alone on holiday and the world is so beautiful and you've no-one to tell but yourself. A braver girl with less people around would have thrown herself on to it, but I just slipped off a shoe for a bit. Maybe next time.

I will probably be far too busy to continue the doodles that have littered this page in recent weeks, so I will be grateful to anyone kind enough to submit a 'factspert' to keep this page jumping.

As you can see below my t-shirt design is up for voting on the threadless site. The site has been fixed and you can reach it by clicking on the picture below so do get on there and give me a 5 and an 'I'd Buy It' if you're a member or if you want to become one (and buy the t-shirt if and when it gets made - you know it makes sense).

Life is a lot of fun right now. Work is challenging, the weather is improving again and I am having one of those weeks when ideas pour out of me like I'm a broken bottle. Dan and I are conspiring to do something marvellous, Jon and I are conspiring to do something marvellous, Dave's nearly here and Chris is hopefully on his way. Finally and very importantly...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH CARTER!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

THANK YOU! *mwah*

9/15/2005 5:54 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home