Back of the net

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Victoria Park, Auckland

Today is beautiful. It is so sunny and clear, warm with a cool spring breeze. The air is scented with sea and grass and city.

In the park earlier I passed a bagpipe band (playing something nicely dancy and unscreechy) and then an open area around which there were lots of people standing. In the centre there were a couple of men doing something, and from a distance the amount of tracksuits, caps and cool haircuts congregating near the graffiti covered bridge posts made my heart leap at the prospect of actually seeing one of those dance-offs that breakdancers do in music videos and movies. After all, they were all standing around the edges watching one or two people performing in the centre.

As I got closer I realised that in fact these were petanque fanciers bowling for all their balls were worth. And so I continued to my shopping with a desperate urge to pop some robotic moves on their supermarket asses. Upon returning home I found the site linked above which is brilliant and which I shall be incorporating into my daily dancing round the house routine. I hope to be able to moonwalk by October.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home